Friday, March 15, 2013

DIY: Eyelash growth serum

I remember my lashes being a lot fuller growing up but the constant perming, extensions, and waterproof mascara abuse left them sparse and hungry for some supersized McLovin. There even came a time when my suicidal eyelashes would itch at the lash line and just freefall to my eyeballs. So for about half a year, I tried my hardest to leave my eyelashes alone with hopes that they would magically be healthy again—no mascara, no falsies, no procedures, no nothing! GASPITY GASP. While they did manage to grow out, I could have sworn my eyelashes were a lot fuller before.


So I thought about using those experimental and really pricey eyelash growth serums. I was literally in the boutique, holding onto the serum with nothing but my Third World common sense in the way. The smarts got the better of me and I went home to research about the formula.

As it turns out, they really didn’t seem to be all that complicated! I devised my own formula and have been using it nightly for about four months now. I have to say that the results are outstanding! People have been complimenting me on how full they are and those aren't even their final forms! You see, I don't wear mascara anymore. Gasp! I have noticed that my lashes are indeed blacker and longer. There also appears to be new growth, which is always exciting.

So, after that long introduction, I am going to teach you how to make your very own homemade eyelash growth serum. It’s pretty simple. First things first, you are going to need the following for this do-it-yourself project:

  • Liquid Vitamin E capsule
  • Liquid Multivitamin capsule
  • Virgin coconut oil – it's in the rightmost bowl, FYI.
  • Petroleum jelly
  • Small mixing bowl
  • A stick – to stir with
  • Push pin
  • Unused syringe/dropper
  • Empty eyelash glue container – You can use mascara tubes, nail polish bottles or anything similar.

Caution: If you have sensitive eyes, or if you rub your eyes frequently, you might want to skip this one.

Seems pretty straightforward, right? Can’t you just feel your eyelashes tingling in excitement right now? Let’s get to it! Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to make this DIY eyelash growth serum:


1. Clean your eyelash glue container, mascara tube or whatever you are using completely. Make sure the wand/brush is free from any traces of the old product. That is going dangerously close to your eyeballs, people!

2. With the push pin, pop the top of the liquid Vitamin E capsule and empty the contents into the small mixing bowl. Not really a big deal but try to count how many drops the capsule contains. Do the same with the multivitamin and squeeze equal parts of it into the bowl.

3. Using a dropper/syringe, add equal parts of the virgin coconut oil into the mixture. Give it a good stir.

4. Scoop out a generous amount of the petroleum jelly. There really is no specific measurement for this. The petroleum jelly will just act as the thickening agent in the formula.

5. Give it one last stir and transfer the serum onto your container. Use the dropper/syringe to make things easier. If you are using a small tube like I did, try filling the container only about halfway. That way, you can stick the wand in without the serum overflowing.

HOW TO USE: Apply/paint the serum onto your eyelashes like how you would with mascara but concentrating mostly on the lash line. No need to pack it on since the excess will just end up on your eyelids or worse, into your eyeballs. If the mixture comes in contact with your eyes, or if irritation occurs, immediately rinse off with water. Do this right before you sleep as part of your nightly beauty regimen. Just wash it off in the morning before putting on your makeup. You might also want to take a bath since, you know, you're going outside and all.

My bare-nekkid eye (not actual size)

And that’s it! Not only will you save a pretty penny but you also know what you are putting on your eyeballs. I recommend that you show some love to your often neglected lower lash line. It’s a good way to balance out your eye makeup and not make them too top-heavy.

I do hope you give this one a good. Let me know how this works for you and good luck!


Tags: Johanna Perez, JBPerez4, Philippines, DIY, do-it-yourself, do it yourself, how-to, how to, homemade, home made, tutorial, remedy, cheap, effective, easy, treatment, eyelash, eyelashes, lash, lashes, hair, eyebrows, eyebrow, brows, brow, serum, formula, solution, growth, grower, regrow, lengthen, strengthen, thicken, full, long, thick, fluttery, dark, black, dupe, tips, tricks, health, beauty, wellness, style, shopping

 

12 comments:

  1. this is so cool! i going to have to try it some time!

    www.unmaskedcanvas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falsies are a awesome way to add some drama to your makeover in particular if you are going for a night time makeup look for partying or going out, but are not really appropriate for day time makeup for going in to the office in particular if you work in a more conservative area like insurance or academia. You can always view this site ==> http://mhlnk.com/981B504A

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hey doll,
    I just wanted to see whats going on on your blog and to say hey,and I have to admit you are growing and becoming better. Great blogspot! Wanted to let you know that I host a great giveaway, you have the chance to win 100$ coupon.
    Wish you a successful week!
    VIEWRAMA

    my
    Persunmall Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you have a before and after picture??

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are many eyelash growth serum but i will suggest for xlash eyelash serum. I have bought this product (xlash eyelash serum) from this website http://www.xlash.net/ after start using this serum regularly it improves the growth of lashes and make my eyes seem elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Christina,Xlash Eyelash Growth Serum is the best way to get long eyelashes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! I was also in the boutique, holding onto the serum... but I'm pretty cynical about stuff like that, so I put it back. Now that I've read your testimonial, I'm psyched to try it out! I have that one friend who always looks like she's wearing fake eyelashes, so I have I have an eyelash-inferiority complex. Thanks!

    Jenn | http://goodsguaranteed.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm gonna try this at home. :)

    Kathy of keekay.ph

    ReplyDelete
  11. This recipe sounds great! :) Is it possible to use a multivitamin food suppliment capsule instead of a capsule filled with oil? since I couldn't find any multivitamin oil capsules anywhere :(

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...